Himalayan Crystal Salt
This medium is widely recognized for its benefits when consumed internally, but that’s not all it’s good for. When used in design, here are some of its unique qualities –
- Sterilizes the air
- Produces negative ions
- Neutralizes odours
- Attracts dust and other particulate
- Low maintenance
- Stores heat and increases efficiency
- Elevates energy levels
- Helps relieve skin problems
- Helps breathing
Charcoal is known for its cleansing effects on the body, air, and water. It is used internally and externally for filtering impurities and promoting well-being. We produce our own charcoal in a traditional Korean method using local hardwood. These are some of the benefits of using charcoal in design –
- Purifies the air
- Removes toxins from body
- Absorbs odour
- Reduces inflammation
- Produces natural infrared rays
Like the sun and human touch, radiant heat adds both physical and emotional warmth. We use either electric or hydronic (hot water) heat in our designs, depending on the project. Adding radiant heat underneath surfaces is efficient and effective. Some benefits include –
- Promotes detoxification through perspiration
- Lowers cortisol levels, reducing stress
- Removes heavy metals from blood stream
- Increases metabolism by enhancing blood flow
- Reduces cholesterol & regulates blood pressure
Thermal modification is the process of heating wood at high temperatures, essentially “cooking” the lumber. This process changes the characteristics of the wood. Notable advantages include –
- Improved dimensional stability in high heat and humid environments
- Eliminates the risk of decay and damage
- No chemicals added during the process allowing the consumer a green alternative solution
Shou Sugi Ban
An Ancient Japanese technique of preserving wood using a controlled burning process. Some of the benefits include –
- Protects against the UV rays, extreme weather elements, insects, and fire.
- Asthetically beautiful and dramatic
- Customized finishes available for interior and exterior
Why Himalayan Salt is the essence of the Welpod
- Naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Sterilizes the air and neutralizes odour. The Welpod smells fresh during and after use.
- Over 150 million years old, this salt contains 86 minerals and trace elements which can be absorbed through the skin.
- Heated salt produces negative ions, which helps the body to absorb and utilize oxygen, strengthen the immune system, and metabolize serotonin in the brain, which elevates the mood and energy levels.
The salt walls increase efficiency by slowing heat loss.
- When heated, the salt bricks act as a thermal mass, storing and evenly redistributing heat.
- Zero maintenance required.